วันเสาร์ที่ 13 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2553

Save the Last Dance (2001)


Last night, I had a chance to watch Street Dance 3D that cable TV rerun it again.  And this sparks me to think about this kind of movie that seem to have more and more now.   Street Dance, Step Up, Honey and Save the Last Dance are all about dancing, and most of them were made in many episodes.  I think because people all round the world like to watch something that they can’t do.  It is like the case that American people like to see American idol or Thai like to see The star.   For me I love to see this kind of movie because I can’t do it and I obsess with women body.  So, when I watch it, I have hair standing on end with impression.  

However, with all the series of dancing films, there is the only one that can catch my feeling the most.   
It is SAVE THE LAST DANCE!!

 
Sara and her father
Sara in a new School
 This story is about a white girl, Sara Johnson, who wants to be a ballerina, but her dream is suddenly stopped after her mother died.   Her life has change after that.  She has to move to her father’s house in a black neighborhood in the other side of the town.  She has to study in a new school in that area where she is one of few white students there.  The new environment makes her feel frustration.   


But Derek, a popular student with a passion for hip hop dancing who doesn’t let his trouble past oppress him from the brighten future, makes her life delight again.

Street Dance 3D
Step up
This movie may not outstanding or striking about dancing.  I know why.  It is because the actors of this movie are difference than other movies in this field.   Julia Stiles who act as Sara Johnson is not a professional dancer like others which use professional dancers to be main characters.  It seems more natural, normal and reality.  So, it made a feeling of attempt to catch the dream like it happen in the real life.  
Step Up 2; The Streets
This scene that Sara goes to audition is a perfect scene.  Although Stiles is not a professional dancer, this scene deeply impresses many people including me.  With setting, light and song, all elements make it divisibly.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น